1. Instructor creating a linked assignment in Canvas
Once you've connected Pivot Interactives to your course, you can begin assigning Pivot Interactives assignments into your Canvas course.
- Log into Pivot Interactives, and assign an activity to the class connected to the Canvas course. (see how)
- In Canvas, log in as an instructor to your course.
- Click Assignments and +Assignment.
- Scroll to Submission Type and select External Tool.
- Click Find, and scroll through the list and click Embed Pivot Interactives, and click Select.
- If you haven't created an assignment for any Canvas course before, you'll be prompted to log into Pivot Interactives to link your Pivot Interactives account with your Canvas account.
- If you haven't created an assignment for this Canvas course before, you'll be prompted to select which Pivot Interactive class assignments you are linking to this Canvas course from.
- Once you select a Pivot Interactives class, scroll through the assignments currently available for that class, and click to select the one you want to assign.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and click Connect Assignment.
- Complete the rest of the fields in Canvas, such as due date and then press Save and Publish.
- The assignment is now added to your list of Canvas assignments.
Note: when creating an assignment in Canvas for use on iPad, make sure to configure the Canvas assignment to Load This Tool In A New Tab.
2. Students connecting Canvas account to Pivot Interactives account
When students click a Pivot Interactives assignment in Canvas here's what happens:
- If the student has never logged into Pivot Interactives before, they will be prompted to login, or signup for a new Pivot Interactives account. Students should select signup and enter a their name and email. This will create a Pivot Interactives account that is linked to their Canvas account. It will also add the student to the roster for the connected Pivot Interactives class.
- If the class is set up as a student pay class, the student will be prompted to enter either a credit card or an activation code purchased from your bookstore.
- After the first time students connect their Canvas account to their Pivot Interactives account, clicking a linked assignment in Canvas will route the student directly to the assigned activity.