- connected Pivot Interactives and Canvas,
- connected a Pivot Interactives class to a Canvas course, and
- linked an assignment from Pivot Interactives into your canvas course,
your students can click the assignment to launch Pivot Interactives. Here are the ways it can go to connect their Pivot Interactives account to their Canvas account.
Option 1: Student does not already have a Pivot Interactives account
- When students click their first assignment, they'll be prompted to either sign in, or create a new account. They should select create a new account, and follow the prompts.
- If the course is configured as a student pay class, they'll be prompted to either enter a credit card number or a bookstore activation code before they can join the class. (they'll skip this step if the class is set up as institution pay)
- They'll be automatically added to the class roster and the activity will open, ready for students to begin work.
Option 2: Students are already enrolled in the Pivot Interactives class connected to the Canvas course
- When students click the assignment link in Canvas, they'll be prompted to enter their Pivot Interactives username and password.
- Once they do, they'll be prompted to connect their Pivot Interactives account to their Canvas account.
- Now the student's Pivot Interactives account and Canvas account are linked. The student will not need to log into Pivot Interactives to open activities in Canvas.
Option 3: Student has a Pivot Interactives account, but is not enrolled in the Pivot Interactives class connected with this Canvas course
- When the student click the assignment link, they will be prompted to log into Pivot Interactives with their username and password.
- If the new class is configured as a student pay class, the student will be prompted to enter a credit card or an activation code purchased from a bookstore. Once they do, they'll join the class.