Accessing Grade by Student for an assignment
From My Classes you can click the three dot icon on the row for any assignment and select Grade by Student.
You'll see the Student Scores View:
- You can see each student's score so far. These scores could be from automatically graded MC questions, or questions graded by the instructor
- Who made the last update to this student's responses? This lets instructors see which work they haven't graded yet.
- When were these responses updated?
- What is the current status of the student's work? More on this below.
- To see this student's responses on this activity, click Grade Student Response.
The Last Change By column shows who made the last change to this activity. When the instructor assigns the activity, this is set to Instructor for all students. Once the student saves their work for the first time, the column changes to Student.
The Status will show one of the following:
- Not started - the student hasn't yet opened and begun work on the assignment.
- In Progress - the student has started working but hasn't yet submitted their work for grading.
- Submitted - the student has submitted their work for grading.
After the student has submitted their work, you have several options for the Status of that work:
- Submitted - the student has submitted their work for grading. They are unable to make any changes to their work.
- Feedback/Revision - the student will see any comments and scores you've entered, and they will be able to modify their work.
- Graded - You have graded the assignment and are communicating to the student that grading is complete. They are unable to make any changes to their work.
Grading and Feedback.
When you open a student's responses, you can see exactly what they entered for all questions. You can comment on their work, enter scores, or both.
At the bottom of a student's response, you can click Save to save your scores and feedback. Simply clicking Save will save the responses, feedback, and current Status of the student's response.
Clicking the arrow to the right of the Save button gives you the following additional options:
- Pending Grade - sets the Status of the assignment to Submitted. The student will be able to see their work and your comments but cannot make any changes.
- Final Grade - sets the Status of the assignment to Final Grade. The student will be able to see their work and your comments but cannot make any changes. If you've integrated Pivot Interactives with an LMS such as Canvas or Blackboard, this will also initiate the sending of scores to that platform.
- Request Revision - sets the Status of the assignment to Request Revision. The student will be able to see their work and your comments and can make changes to their work.
When you are finished providing feedback, you'll need to save your work.