After you create a class, you'll see a class key when you click on the three-dot icon in the title bar for that class.
- To add a student, give them the eight-character Class Key.
- Direct the student to www.pivotinteractives.com and then to Join a Class. The student enters the class key, and then either creates a new account or logs into their existing account.
- You can also create a link to join the class directly. To do that, replace the XXXXXXXX in this link with your class key:
Note, you may want to test your link before you give it to your students. Use an incognito window and see if your name and class name shows up on the confirmation page.
- If you have purchased seats through your institution, then any student with the class key can join your class. You can drop students from your class if they enroll my mistake.
- If you've created a Student-Pay Class, your students will either need to use a credit card to join, or use an access code purchased from a book store.
If you use a learning management system (LMS) like Canvas or Blackboard, your students can join the class by clicking an assignment connected to your course via a deep link. More here.
When you send an email to students to instruct them to join your class, you may also want to include these links to help students get started.