Instructors can assign activities that ask students to upload and analyze their own video. Teachers can either use (or modify) one of the pre-made activities in the Pivot Interactives Library, or create their own activity.
1. Use a Pre-made Video-Upload Activity
- Use the text search in the Pivot Interactives library to search for Video Upload
- Click on the activity to preview it.
- If the activity suits your needs, copy it to your My Library
- Open the activity in edit mode
- Modify (Optional)
- Assign the activity to your students.
2. Create a new Activity using the 'Student Instance Upload' Component
- Go to My Library and click +Create New Activity
- Enter text in the Activity Info and Objectives as you normally would.
- Add a section, and enter text in the Name and Summary fields.
- Select the Student Instance Upload component, and click Add Component.
- You may want to add a link to the student instructions for video upload in your instructions for the activity. Here is the url to that page: /en/articles/3389731-student-instructions-for-uploading-video
- Add other components and text as needed.
- Save the activity.
3. Test the Activity
- To test the activity, log in as a student (create a student account and join you class; use a different email from the one you use as a teacher)
- Open the activity and try the video upload tool.
- Follow the instructions for how to upload a video. Here is a link to the student instructions to upload a video: /en/articles/3389731-student-instructions-for-uploading-video