Use: Allows the students to answer a variety of multiple-choice questions.
When editing components, some sections of the component are required for the activity to save. These sections are marked with a yellow star.
- Prompt: This is the question that the students will answer. This is viewable to the student. This is the only required section while making an open-ended question.
- Hint: This is additional information that you may want to call out about the question. This information appears under the prompt in italics.
- Point Value: This is the point value of the section. Points must be whole numbers starting at 0. If the question has zero points, a grade cannot be added.
The "autograde" feature allows the answer to automatically be marked as correct or incorrect while the student works; multiple-choice questions gain a “submit” button and a limited number of submissions. Autograding only works while the student is working; if this is turned on after the student has submitted, it will not update their work. You set the limit on the number of submissions (or attempts) that the student has. Once the number is used, the student is locked into their last submission. The number of submissions must be a whole number equal to or greater than 1. If autograding is selected, a submission value MUST be included.
You must add your choices. There is no limit on the number of choices. To add a choice, click “Add Choice.”
Types of Multiple Choice Questions
There are two “multiple choice” question types: radio buttons and checkboxes. To make a question a radio button with only ONE correct answer, you need to select only ONE correct answer. If the number of correct answers is left blank or more than one is selected, the question will change to a series of checkboxes.
Any Selected Choice(s): Select NO Correct Answer
Radio Button/Single Select: Select ONE Correct Answer
Checkbox/Select All: Select TWO OR MORE Correct Answers
To select a correct answer, check the box that says "correct answer" next to the choice.
When creating a choice:
- The text is the answer displayed. You can make the answer a picture option by inserting a picture.
- To mark that answer as correct, check the “Correct Answer” box.
- To add automatic feedback, add a response. These responses appear to students once they “submit” their answers. These allow for automatic remediation! Add hints as images, reteaches in URLs, or formulas as equations. The options are endless!