Use: Allows the students to collect qualitative and/or quantitative data and create graphs based on this data.
When editing components, some sections of the component are required for the activity to save. These sections are marked with a yellow star.
- Prompt: This is the question or instruction for the students to complete the data table and graph.
- Hint: This is additional information that you may want to call out about the question. This information appears under the prompt in italics.
- Point Value: This is the point value of the section. Points must be whole numbers starting at 0. If the question has zero points, a grade cannot be added.
Viewable to Students? No All Sections Required: No
Correct answers are seen by the instructor in the “Grade by Question” view when grading. These can be modified to meet the teacher’s needs. To edit columns, type into the appropriate box. The units and variables are used when creating the equations for curve fits. For more information on using the data table tool, check out our article about using the data tables and graphs.
- Column Settings: This allows you to format the columns. Options:
- Change Column Formula: this allows you to edit the formula of the column using our formula editor. For advanced formulas, this uses the LaTeX editor.
- Insert Column Left/Right: This allows you to add a column to either side of your current column.
- Remove Column: This allows you to delete your current column. This is a permanent change; clicking this removes all stored data in that column.
Viewable to Students? Yes All Sections Required: No
The "pre-populated value" is shown to the students when they open the assignment. Use this to add examples or prefill part of the table. Anything included in this table will appear in the student's table when they open the activity. For more information on using the data table tool, check out our article about using the data tables and graphs.