Sometimes teachers will prefer to set up some parts of the data table for students in advance. This can save time for students so they can get directly to their analysis. You can pre-populate the data table for the students:
- label column headings, units, and variable names
- provide sample data
- add column formulas in advance
- configure columns to accept text data
To pre-populate values,
- open the activity in edit mode.
- scroll to the Data Table or Data Table and Graph component
- scroll past the first data table and down to the table labeled "Pre-Populated values"
- Enter the data, formulas, columns as needed
- If you want to enter text into the table, configure the column to accept text.
When you press save, the values will now be available for students to see when they open the activity.