Pivot Player is the video player in all Pivot Interactives activities. Pivot Player has interactive measurement tools that allow users to make rapid, precise measurements. Here is a quick overview of the features:
The question mark (?) or (i) icon in the top left of the video frame has information describes how to use the player tools.
- Use the spacebar on your keyboard to play/pause the video
- When the video is paused, use the arrow keys on your beyboard to navigate frame-by-frame
- Measurement tools are available by clicking the tool icon in the upper right of the video
- Using the mouse or keyboard short cuts, you can move, rotate, and scale tools
Clicking the ? (or i) in the upper left of the video screen will reveal instructions for all Pivot Player functions.
Clicking the tools icon on the top right of the video shows what measurement tools are available for this video. Click on each tool icon to launch that tool. Depending on the particular video, you can sometimes drag, rotate, or scale a tool image:
Drag: click and drag on the tool to position the tool. When the tool is selected (colored outline around the tool) you can also position it with the arrow keys on your keyboard:
- to move the tool use the w, a, s, d keys. You can also hold shift to move the position of the tool in larger increments.
- to rotate, use q, e
- to scale, use r, f
Rotate: Click the round dot on the box around a tool, then drag to make a tool rotate. Not all tools are rotatable, depending on the video.
Click and drag on a tool to position. Click the round dots on the mid-point of any edge, and drag to rotate the tool.
Scale: Some tools can be made larger or smaller by clicking and drag on a corner.
Click the selection bar the bottom of the video to change the video.
Change the Video
Some Pivot Interactives videos allow you to change parameters, such as the mass of an object, or the angle of a ramp. These videos have a parameter selection panel at the bottom of the video player. Clicking on any part of this panel opens the panel to allow users to change the video. When you've made your selection, press Go to load that video.