Instructors can create classes where students join by paying for their own access, either by paying directly with a credit card, or using an access code purchased from your institution's book store.
- To create a student-pay course, you'll need to have a teacher account on Pivot Interactives. If you don't have a teacher account, you can request a free account here.
- Once you have an account, log in and create a new class by going to My Classes:
- Configure the class by giving it a name, and selecting the payment type and institution level:
- Once your new class is created, you can see and edit the class by clicking the class title from the My Classes page:
- To invite students to join the class, give them the eight-character Class Key:
When students join the class, they will be prompted to create an account, and to:
- enter a credit card number to pay for access for your course
- enter an access code they purchased from your institution's bookstore
Either option will allow the student to join the class and access the instructor materials.
As an instructor, you'll need a minimum of 10 students to join the class within first 30 days of creating the course, otherwise the class content will not be visible to the students.
Here are student instructions for joining a class.