Instructors can create classes where students join by paying for their own access, either by paying directly with a credit card, or using an access code purchased from your institution's book store.
- To create a student-pay course, you'll need to have a teacher account on Pivot Interactives. If you don't have a teacher account, you can request a free account here.
- Once you have an account, log in and create a new class by going to My Classes:
- Configure the class by giving it a name, and selecting the payment type and institution level:
- Once your new class is created, you can see and edit the class by clicking the class title from the My Classes page:
- To invite students to join the class, give them the eight-character Class Key:
When students join the class, they will be prompted to create an account, and to:
- enter a credit card number to pay for access for your course
- enter an access code they purchased from your institution's bookstore
Either option will allow the student to join the class and access the instructor materials.
As an instructor, you'll need a minimum of 10 students to join the class within first 30 days of creating the course, otherwise the class content will not be visible to the students.
add a grader