Here are three ways to add grades and provide feedback for students's responses as they work on Pivot Interactives activities:
- Grade by Question: select up to five questions and grade all students' responses on one page
- Grade by Student: grade and comment on the entire activity for each student.
- Students export .PDF files of their responses, and submit them to their Learning Management System (LMS) for grading
This method is intended to allow teachers to quickly provide feedback and grades for all students in the class for up to five questions in an activity. Here's a video tutorial:
Here are written instructions about how to grade by question
- From the My Classes page, click the three dots to the right of the activity you are grading and select Grade by Question.
Select Grade by Question for the activity.
- Select which questions you want to grade (up to five), and enter a default score score for each question. Also, choose whether you want student names visible.
Click "Grade by Question", and then select questions you want to grade. Enter a default score for each question, and then click "grade questions"
After you select the questions you want to grade, press grade questions. Now you can scroll through each student's responses. Use the tab key to advance to the next field entering grades and comments as you go.
You can save individual scores and comments as you go, or continue grading until you reach the end of the class, and press Save All.
If you want to grade all the questions in an activity for every student, or grade a single student's entire set of responses, use grade by student.
1.From the "My Classes" page, click the three dots to the right of an assignment name, and select view scores.
- Click on a student's name to view, comment on, and grade their responses.
- Save your work, and go to the next student.
When students have competed their work on a Pivot Interactives activity they can save it as a PDF file, and upload this file to their teacher via their learning management system.
- While viewing the activity in Pivot Interactives, select the browser's print function.
- Select the option to Save as PDF. Note: the location of this button depends on the OS and browser the student is using. Save the PDF file to the computer
- Follow instructions in the LMS to upload the PDF file to the LMS.
- Use the LMS grading tools to grade the students' responses.