Customizing an activity takes just a few minutes. Here's how.
You can only edit activities that are in your Library. Find an activity that you'd like to edit:
1) Go to the Pivot Interactives Library
2) Select Add to My Library
3) Open up your My Library by selecting it on the top toolbar.
1) When you enter My Library ...
2) ....the activity that you just added will appear.
3) If you have trouble finding it, select Find Activities and click Sort by Recent.
4) If you would like to modify that activity select Edit
5) Alternatively, you can open the activity in preview mode, and then select I want to... followed by Edit.
The Activity Editor does not auto-save. Click save as you work.
Once in the editor, you can freely modify existing text to match your vocabulary, style, and instructional priorities.
It is also possible to make larger and more fundamental changes to the activity.
1) To create an entirely new section, select "Add Section"
2) To delete an existing section, select "Delete Section"
3) It's also possible to create components within each section including the following:
- General Notes General Notes when published will be offset by a golden bar
- General Instructions General Instructions when published will be part of a numbered list. General Instructions have two fields, one labeled "Instruction" (which will be seen by everyone) and one labeled "Instruction Notes" which will be seen only by instructors who select "I want too..." and then "Show answers and notes" at the top of a published activity.
- Data Table & Graph
- Data Table
- Select One Question A multiple choice question with only one correct answer
- Select Any Question A multiple choice question with any number of correct answers
- Open Ended Question An open ended question includes a text box so that students can type a response.
- Video Instance In order to add a Video Instance it's necessary to know the name of the video instance you'd like to add. In order to find the name of a video instance, find an existing activity that already uses the instance. Then add it to "My Library", then open it up in the activity editor, then look at the name of the video instance that you'd like to use.
- Yes/No Question A multiple choice question where the options are Yes or No
Once you've finished editing the activity, hit the Save button or the Save and Close button at the bottom of the editing page.